Monday, January 14, 2008

I had some cushion...


I guess with two posts on Friday I had some cushion for posting this weekend. After I got done posting I crashed on Friday. Saturday came along splendidly and I started my day watching the movie Hairspray. It was fun. I really like Michelle Phifer in her role and hearing her sing took me back to her role in Grease 2. John Travolta was trying hard but I just kept seeing him, not his character. The boys joined in watching the climactic ending and then we really started our day.


We headed to Ames to see Alvin and the Chipmunks the movie. Our pals Vicki and Megan joined us and it too fell into the "it was a cute movie" category. Doubt we'll pick it up on DVD but a good way to kill some time. Once the movie let out we RAN to Sam's for our weekly milk rations and then headed home. I dropped the milk off at the house, let the dog out and in real quick then we made it to church just a couple of minutes late. After church we were home for the night. Awaiting the arrival of our daddy dude from Mexico. The boys crashed before he got home but I tried to me nice and stayed up for him. He would have woken me when he came in anyway. He always has to unpack and get settled immediately and that is not such a quiet thing to do sometimes.


Sunday was family day and chore day. Sounds like one in the same right? I did laundry, we played Whoonu and then we treated ourselves to Olive Garden for dinner. Not that we could just run to Ames or Marshalltown. We had to go to DesMoines, to a new area that I had only gotten lost in once, and find the destination. It was not really worth all the hassle but I couldn't really say that out loud in the car. Once we got home Nic had to finish his homework but threw a hissy fit instead. I sent him to bed at 7:30 and told him I'd wake him early to finish his homework. Thankfully he can be a good morning person when he needs to be.


OK, enough about me. My goal for last week was to clean up the pictures. This weeks goal is to update my music selections. Any suggestions would be welcome. Leave a comment and I'll see if I can find it. Happy Monday!

No comments: