
So I got a grand phone call at 5:45AM today. Most would not consider any call at 5:45AM grand but me, being the optimist, saw the positive side of the call. It was the call that told me that school was cancelled for the day. In turn I have to call the next lucky staff member at 5:46 to tell him to go back to bed. It is a fun turn of events that doesn't really happen that often.
I had been awakened just 5 minutes before "the call" by Will who was trying to squeeze into my bed. Picture the I have a King sized bed all to myself, Fred is out of town, and have one foot hanging off my side. Instead of seeing the massive blank space on daddy's side he tries to squeeze in on my side. Uh no! "Go to daddy's side," I mumbled and he did so without a word. He was asleep less than 10 seconds later so he was not even bothered by "the call."
Pete the dog was wide awake and thought that I should be too. He had to go, you know... I let him out as I went to find that phone tree that I should really just keep in my night stand.
So, after that was all taken care of I went back to bed until Nic got up a little before 8. He tried to feed Pete and managed to dump the dog food container all over the floor. Well, check sweeping the floor off my list, before 8AM. I then returned to bed again and managed to get a bit more rest. Operative word in that last sentence, bit, I really needed to start my day.
I got myself showered and assessed what I could do with this snow day...
1. Vacuum
2. Laundry - wash, dry and put away
3. work on Optimism art piece
4. Prep for scrapbooking this Saturday
5. Dentist appointment at 1:40
6. Pay the Discover bill while in M-town
7. Deposit misc. checks to Wells Fargo
8. Cook a real dinner
9. Boys showered
10. Read more of my book The Pillars of the Earth
I am happy to report that it is 5:00 and I have done 1-7. Laundry is still in progress but is moving right along. I even added one not on the list, make chocolate chip cookies. Did that right after I got back from the dentist.
Not sure what is for dinner but am going to find out right now. It is Thursday but I don't think there is squat on TV tonight so I should easily get some reading done and may even work more on the art piece. I researched a bunch of optimism quotes this morning. I need to select one that speaks to me and add it to my canvas. Stay tuned!
3 comments:
When I was in school Pete also thought that when I was up I should stay up and be happy with it... I would set my alarm trun on the TV and then go back to bed. Oh No not Pete I was up so I needed to stay up... I feel your pain:)
Natalie is REALLLLLY good at hogging the entire (King sized) bed, too. She'll either move me or Shannen OHSOCLOSE to the edge of the bed--foot out one side for sure.
Snow days are so great because they are BONUS!!! I'm glad you got so much done on your list.
Have a great Friday--it's almost the WEEKEND!!!!!!!
After reading your description I really want one of those calls again. We don't seem to get near as many in Eastern Iowa as the other parts of the state. Next time, please save a little snow and send it to us.
Post a Comment