Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Optimism

So there is a little surge going on with many of the blogs I visit. These ladies, mostly linked to the scrapbooking and creative industry, have chosen "one little word" to help direct their lives in 2008. Well, I am a few days late in selecting my OLW but today I think I found it. Optimism.


I have really always considered myself an optimist. Fred would agree with that too. I am the one who tries to turn the negative experiences of our history into the positive of what did we learn from this. He hates that by the way. My optimism has gotten us into some trouble, or so it seemed at the time, but we have persevered. It's what we do. What I do. I should clarify that I am not the ETERNAL optimist. I do get down and frustrated and do not always see the light at the end of the tunnel, see a couple of posts regarding bus driving and social security from late 2007, but when the dust settles I am the one ready to move forward and look beyond.
So, I will make a little something to remind me of my optimism on a daily basis. My mom got me some uber cool foam stamps for Christmas. I have not used them .... yet. I think that tonight I will put some paint on a few and get busy. I will post a pic if I like how it all turns out.


Here is a picture of a couple of cool things I put together over Christmas Break. We had these neat silhouettes done of the boys when we went to Disney in 2005. They have been tucked away for two years while I was supposed to be looking for oval black frames. Oops, somehow that fell off my list and so when I saw these cute collectors boxes on clearance at Michael's I was inspired to find the shadows and get busy. I simply mounted them on some scrap paper, trimmed the paper to fit the box and taped them in. They are sitting on the front hall table for now. I need to find the right place to hang them. In case you don't make it to Iowa to see them on the wall enjoy... Can you tell who is who? Of course you can, even with the glare, they are both so unique and beautiful! Gosh I love my boys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pick Nic at the top and Will at the bottom. Hope to see them in March, whereever the frames may be sitting/hanging. Jerome

Anonymous said...

CEO did not come to Fashion Mall but did go to Brownsburg... Jerk it was looking so pretty for him but got us out an hour early tonight!