Saturday, March 8, 2008

A good day that got even better!

It started at a reasonable hour. Pete got up at 6:30 but we were quiet enough to go back to sleep until 8:30. No one had great expectations so no one was let down this morning. Breakfast was lite or non-existent and the larger family group left at 10:30 for lunch at Hickory Park. Lucky ducks! Glad I suggested that even if I couldn't go.

I headed to the middle school for our monthly crop. I was the hostess this month so I brought a Nana's Apple Cake and some munchies. I also took my Cricut and some basics and made my swap pages that were due today. I made six pages in about 2 hours so that was pretty good. They were not too fancy but were nice enough. I am a less is more kinda girl so that makes it easy for me. My style is clean and basic. Keeps the cost and time investment to a reasonable amount.

After scrappin I came home to a busy husband and one kid. Will went to a friend's to play and Nic was hangin' I did a little stuff and then grabbed both boys and went to church. After church we came home and did some more prep and rearranging and kept busy.

I put in a last minute call to a couple of sitters today and got a call back around 7:40. Nick was able to help us out so he ran over and Fred and I ran out. We just needed to run to Ames to Best Buy and I was starving so we got to stop at Panera too! YUM! We zipped into Target and then headed home. All in less than 2 hours. Pretty good huh? I am a cheap date. Sure wish we could have enjoyed a movie and dinner with drinks but not today. Maybe I'll plan ahead and try again next month...

OK, off to declutter some more in the kitchen. The FOR SALE sign goes up on Monday and it just dawned on me that people could be looking inside my cabinets. YIKES! Got a little work to do in there. Want to make it look like we have more than enough space. Which we do.

I have lots on my list for tomorrow. Some deep cleaning of the bathrooms and the hardwoods. Decluttering some shoe racks and backing up pictures off the older computer. Nothing I can't handle. I am adding, in writing, to post pics of the new room. It really is a spectacular addition to the basement. Makes it seem so much bigger and useful. Too bad we didn't so this 2 years ago. Oh well, we'll enjoy it while we're here.

Gratitude
1. A husband who goes to lunch with his kids and his in-laws and doesn't bat an eye.
2. Nic who did an outstanding job on the 8th grade Explore test he took in January.
3. Will who won a prize for being the second highest reader in his class for February Reading Minutes! He got a Doodle Pirate.
4. My parents who are low maintenance house guests and so fun to hang out with.
5. My sister who called me yesterday to remind me of #4. She gave me permission to chill and I did, a little.

No comments: