I say splendid because Nic and I got a fix of "culture" today. We enjoyed the final showing of the spring musical Beauty and the Beast. Will was at a friend's house playing so Nic and I grabbed the friend's sister and off we went. Nic and I had seen the first 3/4 of the show on Friday but it was good to see it two days later, improved, and the ending of course. Way to go thespians. They are a really great group of kids and for many it was their final senior performance. They did their parents proud. There was one tense moment when Lumiere slid to the front of the stage on his knees and very nearly ended up face first on the floor below. Yikes! It all turned out just fine in the end.
During the intermission Nic was talking about being smart. Well, the other guest in our party is pretty bright as well so they wanted me to quiz them. I asked a too simple math question and Nic challenged me to challenge him a bit more. His suggested question..."What is the atomic weight of a burrito?" I busted out and continued to laugh as our guest suggested we check the atomic weight of Nic's brain. Oh to be 8 again. It made my day for sure!
Last night Will and I went on a date to Hickory Park then saw the movie College Road Trip. We also did some damage at Borders and Sam's before heading home with a BIG item for Nic. He has been hankering to learn to plat the guitar for about 6 months. He was so interested that he was willing to spend his Christmas money on a guitar instead of waiting for the Wii game systems to get replenished. Well, Sam's had the LAST ONE displayed on our way out last night so we called to confirm his interest and it was a go. The bag was a little dusty and there are two nicks but all in all for the price it was a good deal. He tried to follow along with the enclosed "how to play" DVD this morning without much luck. I need to follow up on a couple of leads I have for private lessons. Add that to my to do list. I am seeing more and more similarities between dear son Nic and my brother Ben. Nic has taken an interest in art recently as well. He received some "How to Draw" books a couple of years ago from Uncle Tim/Aunt Anne for Christmas. They were set aside on the book shelf and were recently put into use. He is getting pretty good. When he showed me one of his latest drawings last night I said I was definitely going to put that on the blog. He said, no. I will do a better one. Stay tuned for that sometime this week I hope.
While Will and I were enjoying our date, Nic was out with daddy seeing The Spiderwick Chronicles. They both said it was good and a little scary so I am glad that Will and I opted for the kinder gentler G rated flick.
Tonight I am making my famous homemade pizza. I have some laundry to work on but I did get the sheets changed so I am making progress. Oh yes, and I wrote out bills for the second half of the month. That is always such a fun experience!
Pizza is in the oven and I need to clear the table for our feast. Happy Sunday to you all!
2 comments:
Yumm, your pizza looks great. Wish I could try it. It is always nice to have a day with one kid. Every so often my husband and I will split up the kids.
Sounds like a really great day!
Post a Comment