
The ceiling is white, the walls are brown and the floor is started. We have about 20% of the floor down but have hit a bump when trying to figure out how to piece it around the door way where it meets the carpet. I think Fred will sleep on it and wake up with a plan. My plan is to head to Ames tomorrow to go to Target and Sam’s. He needs to go to Menard's for trim wood and liquid nails. I need to get a watch battery and chocolate milk. The important stuff, you know?
Fred put in about 11 hours today on the basement. Looking at the walls they need some touch-ups. I painted the wall in the Jr. Man Cave with primer and that is all we are doing. I can get busy putting that room back together tomorrow. Of course everything is covered in dust so I will need to wipe everything down with a wet rag as I put it back in place. I am also hoping to purge some more of the boys’ toys so it doesn’t look so cluttered. I hope they don’t fight me too hard.
You know how when you do home improvement projects your hubby always needs a new tool? Well, I talked Fred into buying a table saw to get the flooring cuts done quickly. He has wanted one of these on and off for a couple of years at least. We bought a Craftsman at the little Sears store in M-town and we are rockin. I am glad we bought it and I am certain it will be used many more times. He is such a do-it-yourselfer (aka tightwad).
Well, I am beat from trying to be supportive and attentive and helpful. I did paint some and lay some floor and ran to the hardware store and Sears. I may not have done as much as Fred but I did my part for sure.
1 comment:
I am very impressed at you floor laying powers..LOL..we so are not good at home improvement stuff...usually Rob tries, we end up breaking something, and then we have to pay someone to do it...LOL..while we both pretend like we have no idea how said thing got broken...can't wait to see pics when it's done!
Post a Comment