Sunday, March 30, 2008

The offer still stands...


Yes, we received an offer for the house on Friday. We have mulled it over, investigated, asked opinions and are ready for our counter. It really should not be this hard yet... it is. The offer has a contingency on it and according to the relocation company we aren't allowed to have any contingencies. We are willing to work with this couple on their hang-up and remain on the market until it gets resolved. It of course could not be simple but it sure is exciting. Lots of action will probably take place once business opens for the day tomorrow. Stay tuned...


In other news... I got to do some running in Ames yesterday. It was really great to get out and see the world after being home with itchy boy for a few days. Fred held down the fort in the best way he could and I brought home McDonald's for lunch. It was a win win situation.


After we got my purchases stored and lunch fed I took a nice little nap. Nic had been up around 4 with a bad dream so I was counting on a bit more sleep. After my nap I got busy with a few things and then Will and I headed to 5PM Mass. He was awesome throughout the mass except when I went up to communion. He is not quite ready to receive yet and usually walks up with me with his arms crossed. None of the Eucharistic Ministers offer him a blessing but Father Rick always does. Well, we sat in the wrong place to see Fr. Rick so he wanted me to walk all the way around to get in the other line. I felt awkward so I just let him stay in the pew and not get blessed. In just a few short weeks it will all be good buddy.


He and I spent a bit more quality religious time today. We had Jesus Day at St. Pat's Parish. It was a little mini retreat for all of the first graders from the cluster who are making their first communions. We went to four stations and got to spend time with Jesus and Moses and Aaron. We got to go on the Great Church Search and we even made water and wine. It was a very hands-on event and I think Will learned a bunch and had a great time too.


The boys got outside to play today, it was mild enough for a little time on the grass, and I made a gourmet meal of Hamburger Helper Lasagna and an even tastier dessert of warm chocolate chip cookies. Everyone is going to bed clean, with full bellies and ready to head back to school and work tomorrow.


My week involves submitting my resignation letter tomorrow and getting back into a groove with S and K. I plan to work until May 2nd then we'll head to Dallas for the great house hunt of 2008. It is a biennial event around here.


OK, I think I am pretty ready to hit the ground running tomorrow. I need that good night of sleep to make it all work though. Off to dreamland.

1 comment:

Andy Traub said...

That picture is gross...but tasty.