
Well my day started way too early. I was being good going to bed last night at 10:00. Sadly the night was shortened by Nic coming in at 1:30 complaining of not feeling well. I sent him back to bed but he returned at 1:44 and I returned him to his room in person. He was VERY upset so I did my best to calm him down so that he could rest. No doing! He was hysterical and when I asked how I could make him feel better he said the following. "I want you to go look up on the Internet what to do when you have a tummy ache, diarrhea, you feel like you might puke and you are probably going to die very soon!"
I suggested he calm down and read for awhile if he wasn't going to sleep. I confirmed that at least one of the afore mentioned symptoms was quite real and that he and I would be home from school tomorrow. UGH! I then asked him if he needed me to sleep in his room or if I could return to my own bed. He was handling his symptom as good as anyone can. My assistance was not needed. He asked if I could sleep on the couch. That would put me about 20 feet closer than sleeping in my own bed. I obliged. I heard him up a few more times and the last time I saw the clock was 4:00 ish. I then woke again with my alarm chirping from the bedroom. OOPS! I called the principal and then tried to get a few more minutes of sleep.
Thankfully Fred is in town so he was able to get Will to school and Nic and I were pretty mellow most of the day. I was able to get a couple of hours of sleep back and do another round of sanding in the basement. I also tackled some laundry. Ought to try to make the best of being at home right?
Nic spent the morning watching cartoons and reading. He played on-line and we had bland food like bananas and fish sticks. I payed bills and cleaned myself dusty self up enough to go get Will at 3:15. I was really feeling bad about not being at work today. My cohort has been out all week and there was a sub available M-R but not on Friday so we were already one woman down. I asked the principal to get a sub but none were available. Sorry girls. I am really sorry.
Fred is working hard in the basement trying to get a coat of primer on the walls before he calls it a night. It's gonna be a fun weekend around here I can just tell. Hopefully I can post a picture or two tomorrow. The room is not very photogenic right now. Kinda bland really. This is someone else's drywall from Flikr but it look just like mine I assure you.

Gratitude:
1. Payday for Fred
2. We got our tax return direct deposited yesterday
3. Talked to my sista yesterday and caught up on the fun in her life these days. Can you say Princess Party for the Princess Natalie? FUN!
4. Nic is not feeling any worse but is definitely not better either.
5. My hubby is a hard worker and I am sure that the weekend project will be completed by the time we go to bed on Sunday. I love that guy!
1 comment:
Hey Susan, I got to spend the day home with a sick child also. Decided I just wasn't supposed to go to school this month.
Post a Comment