Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Another Snow Day

I know that I should post a photo but it would just look like this...













Everything is white here. Except my filthy gross van. We had a snow day today, kind of expected it and didn't sleep too well last night. Not sure how I could think I was going to sleep through the phone call. I think I was dreaming when I answered the phone at 3:00AM. My heart was pounding and I was wide awake but not really. It took some time to settle back in then the phone rang for real at 5:53AM. No delay just a full cancellation. Fred still had to be at work by 8:00 though so he checked out the roads with his 4 wheel drive truck and made it just fine. He drives a little aggressively in that thing but it hasn't been an issue so far.

The boys and I stayed busy. Will did a little homework. Both boys played and read and watched cartoons. Just what a snowday is for. It finally stopped snowing around noon and I had to decide about taking ashes to the nursing home today. The service at church wsa called off before noon but I was still considering taking it in for the couple of residents there. The boys and I headed out around 2:15 and by driving well under the speed limit we arrived there safe and sound.

I have to cut this short. My wireless keyboard is runing out of battery power and my typing is coming through really poorly. Add to that the news that Blogger Spell Check is not working and it is a wonder you can read this. I'll try more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi came over from fiskars, nice to see your blog very cute and love your music! We have snow here too, but not as much...I also have 2 boys, 12 and 9.