We had school today! Are you getting tired of my excitement over the smallest things? I am. Yes, we went in on time and got out early. That was on the scheduled due to Parent/Teacher conferences. I had Will's conference last week since she was leaving to have her baby. I was able to rearrange Nic's for immediately after school today. The reports on both boys were good, well, actually, great. I got good kids.
The snow is flying around here. Some flurries and lots of shifting of the already present piles but nothing we can't handle.
Once we made it home I got busy trying to right a wrong in the basement. It seems that the guy who was fixing up the room thought we wanted an orange peel finish to our walls. This was NEVER part of the plan. Well, what do you do when you don't want an orange peel texture? You sand it off. I sand it off. I got about one wall done before my shoulder started burning. I took a breather and will get back to it later with Fred. We really need to sand tonight, paint one primer coat tomorrow, put up one coat of color then finish the rest on Sat. and Sun. We will paint a second coat, trim the windows and lay a laminate floor. Easy enough right? Once we get the room done then we have to clean up and rearrange a bunch of stuff around the house.
I feel like an overzealous house flipper from that show on TLC or the one on HGTV. All too much to do in a weekend but it has to be done!
OK, off to check on my gourmet dinner. Fred is coming home tonight before 9. Quite a treat!
No comments:
Post a Comment