Monday, February 4, 2008

Snow Day


So I got the call a little late today, 6:30. Fred was already gone. The guy who was supposed to call me was actually already as school so his wife called to tell me we had a 2 hour delay. OK I can handle that. Putzed around a little and headed back to bed, trying not to wake the boys.


At 9 we were all up and moving. I had showered and Nic had just asked if he needed to start getting his gear on. I told him we'd leave around 9:30. Just then the phone rang, Mrs. S again calling to say that school was called for the day. UGH! I called the next guy on the calling tree, found him at school. So, how bad was it outside??? Not bad enough in my opinion. Who cares what I think.


So the boys whooped and hollared and settled in for a day without school...


I have been trying to complete the last few items off the "To Do" list from yesterday and prepping for the Ash Wednesday service I am hosting at the nursing home. I cleaned one bathroom sinks to toilets. Everything looks great except the floor. It will keep until I get my typing done.


The other bad thing about this snow day is that QVC is having a Paper Crafting Fair today. If I were at work I would have made money but instead I am spending money. I ordered a really neat acrylic stamp set with some of my Christmas money. Can't wait to get those next Friday.


OK off to run Will to his pal's house. Nic is really bummed that he doesn't get to go too. It is tough to be 9.

1 comment:

Frances said...

how did you get the adorable fiskateers blinkie???