SO we got the glasses ordered, had lunch, bought some Easter/First Communion clothes for Will and some clothes for me. We ran up to Sam's in Ames and also got the boys haircuts. It was a full day but it did not include making it to 5:00 mass. We pieced our way through dinner and stayed up doing laundry until the wee hours since Fred was supposed to go to Mexico. Note the "supposed to."
We woke up this morning to snow... lots of blowing snow. The phone rang at 10:25 and it was a pleasant voice from American telling us that Fred's 4:00 PM flight was cancelled. All that laundry for not. Oh well. Church was also cancelled for today. So far this lent I have not been to mass. UGH!
The snow continues to blow but Fred will have to go out before too long to return the 6 vidoes we rented last night. All of the roads around us are showing Red on the road conditions map so Fred would not have been able to go to DM for his flight anyway. Such is life. I guess I need to work a bit on dinner for tingith and straightening the house. No idea what the weather might do for our school day tomorrow. I am hoping for a delay at most.
Our basketball goal surrouned by the snow pile. This is a combination of drift and all of the snow pushed from the driveway. There is hardly any room for more snow.
3 comments:
I am SOOO glad I am not going through a winter like yours. We have had a lot of wind and rain, but you don't have to shovel that stuff... Just settling in after dinner with dad at Red Robin. He commented on how many birthdays they were celebrating... funny--we celebrated his too and he had no idea how and when I told the guy. I wasn't even that sneaky about it. It did get us (him and Natalie) some ice cream to top off our dinner, though!
Take care--spring is JUST around the corner (right?)
Hi Susan--Before my "wonderwhat's happening with Susan and her 3 boys" visit, I just saw and drooled over the photos of the newest "little boy" in the next generation. How do we ever explain to Sara & Andy that snips and snails and puppy dogs' tails are a challenge beyond imagining? Behold the Magnificence of MEN!!! :-) Then I see your photos, read your adventures and think OH MY GOSH, ALL THAT SNOW--I cannot imagine anything WORSE than having the basketball goal snowbound! You're incredible to survive--and, in addition, taking time to tell us! Love from NC where we just clebrated Erika's Birthday. Love to y'all and a special hello to Fred from Aunt Kathy & Uncle Bill.
wow! looks like a beautiful winter wonderland! and great deal on the glasses...congrats on your new baby nephew too!
Post a Comment