Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's time...

It is time to put the snow decor away and welcome SPRING. I have placed all of the following snow worshipping items in the dungeon and am now ready for sunshine, green grass and flowers. If only it were that easy.



I took some time tonight to finish this canvas I have had "in progress" for far too long. It is not my best work ever but it is only my second canvas piece. I need to learn lots. I need better coverage from my acrylic paints. Perhaps it is the brush, perhaps the quality of paint? I need to plan better. I started this one to highlight my word for the year. I did not have a supporting quote picked out when I threw OPTIMISM on the canvas. I should have. When I ended up with visual weight at the bottom I attempted to balance it with the rudimentary sun. Rough but I do think it helped. Well I was contemplating where to hang this piece of art but I have a better idea. My immediate supervisor, although she would NEVER call herself that, is a big Helen Keller fan. I am going to pass this along to her. She loves quotes and pictures in her classroom and I think she will really enjoy this as a remembrance of our two years together. I respect Andrea so much and she is very capable and confident in her job. She looks at students with optimism, not pessimism. She sees the possibility of their future not the dereliction of their past. This fits her and what she tries to share with her students and their parents. I don't think I could possibly wait until the end of the year to pass this along. I do love giving gifts! I think I'll take it in tomorrow.




Gratitude's:


1. Culvers made a great meal and I didn't have to do any dishes!


2. Will's teacher Mrs. J. She is taking time off to have a baby but her year thus far with Will has been good. We had P/T conference today and she gushed about him. YEAH!


3. The workers upgrading the basement. They got all of the drywall up today! They need to mud and tape and sand and re mud but I am optimistic that it will be done by Tuesday!


4. The employees at the place S works. They were genuinely thrilled to see us today after being gone for 4 workdays. They were concerned that we had been sick and made us feel very loved and missed.


5. Diana! She sent the things I need to put Uncle Tim's b-day album together so I can do that tonight and decide if I should send it directly to Tim or pass it along through my parents.


6. Blogger's spellcheck function works again! AMEN

2 comments:

Jen said...

I don't decorate. That is why it doesn't snow here.

I'm just kidding. It is snowing and icing and darn COLD right now. Of course, not enough to get a three day weekend (again).

Take care. Keep giving things away (less to pack, move, and unpack), and have a great weekend.
Jen

Amy said...

LOL...are you trying to decorate the snow away...I love the canvas..try covering it with gesso first, it works like a primer, to get better coverage with your acrylics...it's in the art supply section at Mike's...and now we are out of school because of the snow...LOL so ya must have thrown it my way:-)