Monday, February 25, 2008

She didn't get the message

She would be MOTHER NATURE! It's snowing again! We were released from school at 10:30 this morning. I brought home a couple of neighbor kids until their mom could get them and we had a really mellow day. I was struggling with a migraine so a nap and an episode of Las Vegas were on my menu. The boys spent the day getting on each others and my nerves. Not that it took that much.

Anyway, Fred should be coming home sooner than later and we'll just wait to hear what tomorrow brings. I am fine with a two hour delay but I sure hope it doesn't turn into a snow day.

Just have to brag on myself for a minute. Yesterday the boys and I went through every item of clothing in their closet and drawers and sorted for size. Nic sent a ton of stuff along to Will and Will sent a bunch of stuff to Goodwill and a few things into a bag to sell to a consignment store. I then went to the basement to bag some stuff that Fred and I had purged from our closet shortly after we moved. I bagged it all up and itemized it. (A new tax refund strategy for 2008) In the six bags I have almost $300 in tax deductions. There is still plenty to purge before we move along down the road but this is a great start. I am pretty excited to get that stuff out of the basement and I'll likely pass the kid size clothes hangers on to Samuel. I know the kid's got clothes and it always seems like you need more hangers.

2 comments:

Jen said...

So since you are already mad today... did you know they CANCELLED LAS VEGAS???? Like last week's episode was IT???!@!!!! I have this whole season on tape (upstairs) and haven't had time to watch (because it is upstairs, and when I go upstairs, I go to BED!).
UUUUGGGGHHHHH! Not a great show, but a fabulous "you don't have to pay attention or think" show. MAN!

Sorry about your snow. We keep getting it, too. Not like yours, but enough to be annoying. I AM SO READY FOR SPRING!!!!!!!

Take care.
Jen

Amy said...

oh I am so sick of snow...seriously...sickofsnow...good for you getting some organizing done!