Well, yesterday felt like two days rolled into one. We left the house at 7:50 AM and returned at 8:40 PM. Thank God we don't have days like that too often. I was able to run home for about 10 minutes around 3:00 to let the dog out but other than that we were running. We accomplished plenty though.
First was had school, then Pokemon League at the Library. After Pokemon we went to church to help prep for the Lenten Dinner. The boys are such good volunteers except that they kept having to ask for something to do. Will needed to be needed and kept busy. Nic took a bit longer on his homework so we didn't have to keep him occupied quite so much. Then we were able to enjoy dinner at church. It was REALLY yummy and the company was GREAT! The boys ate their fill and I didn't have to do dishes.
After dinner the boys had Religious Ed. class. Will's was preempted by the class taking part in their first reconciliation. Fr. Rick did a nice job and the kids were practically stumbling over each other trying to be first. It had apparently been settled in the classroom prior to the group moving to church. Will was first and went with no hesitation. All good. Actually by this time I had a killer migraine and just hung on for dear life until it was time to go home. The boys crashed pretty quickly and I followed them closely. But not before a nice chat with Auntie Joan. Great talking to you!
So today started off pretty well. We tend to move a little slower on Thursday than any other day of the week. I have learned to be patient and we made it out the door in pretty good time. Work went well today. S and K both did VERY well at work and were walking on air since it was Valentines Day and they had treats for each other. Sadly by 6th period my migraine returned and I was less than a happy camper. Luckily my pal Andrea takes Imitrex so I was able to bum a pill off her. It helped but I came home from work a little worse for the wear. I took care of some immediate business stuff then I crashed hard. My body ached and I was wiped. Thankfully my kids are self-sufficient enough that I can do that on occaision.
Well I woke up a happier person, had some frozen waffles for dinner and am ready to do a few more things on my to do list for the day. What a Valentines Day.
O yeah, and we are off school tomorrow and we have a few things on our Friday To Do list. Including but not limited to taking Pete to the vet for a check-up and nail trim, hopefully hearing word on my newest niece or nephew's birth, and getting Nic's eyes examined. Will the fun never end?
1 comment:
Why is it we say those precious days off from school for errands. I also had the day off due to conferences early this week, and my girls were off due to an inservice in their district. Spent the entire day running errands.
Post a Comment