Sunday, February 3, 2008

It is just not my day...

(WARNING: I can not get spell check to work on this post. Beware of misspelling and typos.)


I had a good day yesterday, we went to Hickory Park with a gift certificate I got from S for Christmas. After lunch we went to Borders. The boys and I browsed and bought and read while Fred went to Lowes to buy some supplies for the basement project. He aslo ran to Sam's and bought our weekly milk allottment. He picked us up and we headed home so I could get to 5 PM mass. After mass I assisted with blessing of the throats and came home to do some housework and read. While I was doing laundry I worked on the cards we are going to make at the Share the Love event next weekend. I am hosting this at church for ladies of the parish to come, share an appetizer and make Valentines Day cards. Well, I came up with three cards and realized that I needed some chipboard shapes for card #3. I was uncertain if Walmart might carry these so I thought I'd go check it out so I knew if I needed to go to Ames some day this week.





So I went to Walmart and they did not have what I needed but I came up with a good alternative. I also bought some groceries and while I was at Wal-mart Fred called in a bit of a panic. It seems that I have had some fluid leaking from my car and he thought it might be transmission fluid. This has been going on for a few weeks but somehow lastnight I was in imminent danger of ruining the car forever. NOT!





I went home and upon further investigation it is not a transmission fluid leak, it might be an overflow of oil. I thought I'd go back to Jiffy Lube and see what they could find. When I drove by last night their marqui said they were open Sunday from 10-4. Super! I could return today, put Fred's mind at ease and get it all taken care of.





Fast forward to today. I got up early and let the dog out. I switched some laundry, read some in my book and ended up falling back asleep. I woke again around 11 and strted my day again. I worked on the laundry, opened some mail, and headed toward Marshalltown again for the second time in 16 hours. I went by the bank and then on to Jiffy Lube. Guess what, they were closed! UGH!





Well, I called home and asked if since I was in town did anyone want lunch? The answer was yes, three orders for McD's. YUCK! I treated myself to Culvers then went through McD's for the boys and Fred. Well, I pulled up to the speaker at Culvers and waited and waited and waited. No one said anything. I coughed, still nothing. I knew they were open, the parking lot was full. I pulled up to the window and got about 5 employees staring at me. What is this crazy lady at the drive through for? Finally someone opened that window and I asked if they were taking drive through orders. It seems the one chick with the headset had turned it off. DUH! She took my order and money and sent me ahead to wait. Well, I love a good cheeseburger with lots of pickles. I ordered just that. Ketchup, Mustard and EXTRA pickles were my exact words. What do you think I got? A very nice cheeseburger with NO pickles and the most minut amount of ketchup and mustard until I got to the last couple of bites then it was overflowing. UGH!





Well, I moved on to McD's with high hopes. I decided not to chance it and went inside to place my order. I think they actually got the whole thing right and it was me who forgot to ask for the ketchup and BBQ sauce. 2 for 4 successful stops. Not terrible odds. The ATM did have money for me so that made me happy.





I need to get busy folding and sorting all the laundry thus far. I also pledge to vaccum and dust today among many other things. I made a list lastnight. Now, can I get it all checked off?

No comments: