Wednesday, February 20, 2008

We had school today!

WHAHOOO! Can you tell I am excited?!?! Today was a pretty great day all things considered.

#1 We went in two hours late to school so I got to be a bum for a few extra minutes.
#2 My students were glad to see me and we made waffles in cooking class this morning.
#3 I have needed a "part" for a Creative Memories Album and a total stranger, yet Iowa scrapper pal, is going to help me out with it. She has spare parts and is willing to share. THANKS so much Diana!
#4 The boys' Religious Ed. classes for tonight were cancelled so once we got home we were home for the night! Now that also meant that the lenten dinner was cancelled so I had to make dinner but the boys were up for tacos so that's not too bad.
#5 The guys came to work on the basement today. All of the studs are in place and the insulation is hung so they will start the drywall tomorrow. It won't be done by this weekend since they lost two days of work this week but it is moving along! YEAH!

The worst part of today was lunch. They served pancake on a stick today and it was my first and last time to try that. Basically it is a pancake wrapped around a piece of sausage. Like a breakfast corndog. The kids at school love them. I will remember to bring my lunch next time they are on the menu.

I am adding a new feature to my blog starting today. Remember a few years back when Gratitude journaling was so popular? Well I am going to write down my own gratitudes for each day. My Fiskateer friend Amy does this on her blog and it is a great way to remind myself and others what and who I am thankful for. Here is installment #1

Gratitudes
1. My husband, who although is on the road, is not far from my heart
2. My boys who did a great job surviving three very long days in the house together. Was it perfect? NO. But it was good enough for me
3. My friends at work. It was great talking to adults and sharing stories of our last five days being snowbound. We all survived!
4. Strangers who give so selflessly. Diana's offer to send me the parts I need to finish Uncle Tim's birthday album from 5 years ago is so generous. I am grateful!
5. Pumpkin Muffins! These are just so easy and tasty and will be a forever memory of cooking class and Iowa.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Susan, what is the Iowa Scrappers group that you were talking about? Glad to hear you had school today. We also went back but without a late start. Of course, my kids thought that they deserved extra time. I didn't see any students until 10:30, 2 hours after they were supposed to be there and today was ITED's.