
Fridays I am just too tired to think, let alone blog. Sorry 'bout that. Nothing really exciting to post about anyway.
Saturday we had plans, well I should clarify, I had plans. I had a long list of items I needed to get at Target. I wanted to get new cordless phones. Our batteries keep dying on the old phones and although I can replace the batteries with re-chargeable they were not holding charges very long. I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby to get some inspiration for the swap pages I am creating for my scrapbook club. We needed money from the bank. We needed food from Hickory Park. Fred needed a bunch of stuff from Lowe's and as always we needed milk from Sam's.
I am thrilled to report that it all got done. Hickory Park was packed at 2:30. What is up with that. Best I could surmise there was a hockey tournament, a basketball game and a dance competition going on in Ames. Probably more but those groups were represented at the Park. It was YUMMY food as usual. The boys really like this place and we will all miss it when we move. Fred assures us that there is another meat lover restaurant in Dallas that we will find solace with. I just doubt that they can replace a good Saucy Southerner. So YUMMY!
After linner we headed out in an organized fashion and got it all done. We were tired when we got home but it was with a great sense of accomplishment. We bought flooring for the new room. I bought a Giga-Punch for 40% off. I spent my requisite $100 at Target and that included a very cute little baby gift for Will's teacher. (I LOVE shopping of baby gifts!) We left Sam's with 3 gallons of milk and nothing more. It's all good.
Gratitude:
1. The weather yesterday was PHENOMENAL! I walked around with just my fleece pull-over. No coat, gloves, hat, scarf or boots. THIS IS HUGE PEOPLE!
2. My hubby is working through the honey do list to put this place on the market. We hope to have the For Sale sign up my early March.
3. I watched a very funny episode of Oprah last night at midnight. She was hosting Carol Burnett (FUNNY redhead icon), Jim Carey and Steve Carell from Horton Hears a Who. It was a nice thing that made me smile and laugh out loud before I crashed.
4. Scholastic Book Fair at the boys' school this week. Fun stuff for everyone. I am such a sucker for books.
5. I am going to spend some time in my scrap space today. By next weekend we hope to be moving all of my "scrap crap" into the new room so I need to do some organizing and purging. I actually enjoy doing this.
No comments:
Post a Comment