OK, I think my playlist was hijacked. I just went to the blog to sign in and heard this strange music. Not Wynona. I scanned back up and found my playlist spot filled with a playlist featuring Ozzy Osborne??? What the helk? I went to the playlist site, saw my original playlist then back to my blog and all was fine. Freaky!
We got out of school early today. The snow was upon us around noon and we were released at 1:30. I had to bring some neighbor kids home becasue their mom was out of town but she showed up about 30 minutes after we got here. The kids were bummed they didn't get to play longer. I offered to keep them for a bit but her driveway is very steep and the snow makes it hard to get up. I wasn't sure I could get them home and she didn't want to be out either. It has snowed on and off all afternoon and will continue through the night. I will have the phone handy for "the call" tomorrow morning. I am getting pretty chummy with the Ag teacher who I call next on the tree. Wish that weren't the case though.
With the three snow days we have had so far we are now in school until the Friday before Labor Day. If we are out tomorrow that really messes with the Indiana Memorial Day /Anniversary trip/ Cousin Cindy's Wedding plans. Oh well, what can I do? I live in Iowa... For now at least...
So lots of rumors flying about us being "on the move" again. They are likely true. When we came to IA we knew we would not be here forever. Fred's company has FINALLY gotten around to offering us a package to move us to Dallas. We are in the process of readying the house to get it on the market and talking a lot about our wish list for a new home, school and neighborhood. Considering the winter we are having here we are all excited about warmer weather and the likelihood of a neighborhood or community pool. Can't believe I am typing that but I guess I'll buy the case of 50 SPF and be that mom. The "sit by the pool all summer until the kids are tired and wrinkled" mom.
We are not planning to leave here in the next month or two unless someone really wants the house that badly. Fred thinks is will take 4-5 months to sell, I can hope for less, it's not really up to either of us. Fred has told one neighbor. I have told another. It should be around town by tomorrow. Actually we hope not. I need to talk to S's parents to give them a heads up before the For Sale sign goes up. It is only fair to them and S. He deserves to have time to prepare to miss me. Just kidding, he probably won't even know I'm gone. Actually he tells me daily, and I quote "Mrs. B you are the best teacher in the world." My reply daily... "S you are the best suck-up in the world." We have such chemistry:)
I should be spending my snow days decluttering and cleaning but I am just not there yet. Maybe tomorrow.
Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. We will start our lenten fast and abstinence committments. I am giving up Coke. Well, I should say I am trying that. I had a big one this AM while I was stressed about a low tire and driving in the snow. I should have savored it more. I thought about breaking out another one tonight but then I wouldn't sleep well and I'd be grumpy tomorrow and that would not be a good way to start an already uphill day.
Well, Fred should be home soon. I think I'll go straighten up a bit in preparation. If I do all my putzing now I can get to bed by 10 so I am fesh for the 6 AM call. At least I don't have to confer with the transportation lady and the superintendent at 5:30. That's why they get paid the big bucks. To make the important decisions.
2 comments:
Nice blog..good luck on your move. --fellow fiskateer - Robindiane 2953
you know there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being the mom that just lounges around the pool all day until her kids get tired and wrinkly... That's what I hear, at least.
FOr your sake (and Shannen's, of course), I hope the move works out.
Good luck with the snow day stuff. We're just trying to not have to build an ARK!!!!
Love you.
Jen
Post a Comment