Sunday, June 29, 2008

Another day... More smokiness

Today was my day to visit the house. I thought I'd give Fred a day off. He probably needed it. My trip was short but long enough that I smelled a hint of smoke for the rest of the day. Trying to be prudent about clean clothes I opted not to change. I did take LOTS of pictures of stuff today and then went to Michael's to get some ideas on price. I also went to Amazon.com and scrolled through 30 pages of board games to jog my memory of what titles we had. I came up with a list just under 50. We know we had more than that because there were a few games from museum stores and Discovery toys that I could not get the titles of. Adding up real prices for the ones I could find was about $800. Add in the 15 titles I couldn't find prices on and maybe 5 more that we can not recall titles on... so about 60 games! At least $1000.00! Who would have thought?

My dad is almost here. He saw the house before the blaze so I am anxious to see his reaction to the after. I posted a few more pics, none are easier to look at. It's bad.

Tomorrow will be a long day of sorting through rubble and making a list of items that are not salvageable. It is a daunting task but with Fred and me and Dad and the content adjuster we should get through it OK. It will be hot and stinky.

Dad and Fred just arrived. Off to chat I'm sure till way too late. More tomorrow I'm sure. Keep praying, it's not over yet...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you and your family are going through all of this. I have been reading your blog since before you moved from Iowa. I live in West Liberty Iowa. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there. Mari Pearson