Monday, June 30, 2008

Found treasures...

***Warning, this entry is very choppy. Lots going on around me as I try to vent for the day. Please be patient.***

So as we were assessing all of my worldly goods remaining in the house to see what my "loss" was I found a few treasures that required saving.

A small wooden heart that used to hang in my grandmothers kitchen that professes "If mom ain't happy ain't nobody happy!"

A Micky Mouse keychain that says William.

My Fist Communion Book, Rosary was in the jewelry that I had not unpacked yet and was found during fire night clean-up.

Will's First Communion cards from just last month.

Nic's blue address book with links to friends in far off states.

Some new scrap stuff that I was so excited to find before we left IA at Archivers. It was still in the bag, did not resonate an odor, and I will use it.

I am sure that Fred found a few things but honestly we were together very little today and when we were together it was not all roses and lollipops. At the end of the day I was raw with emotion and Fred spoke in just the wrong tone, I broke. Within an hour we recovered and went about our life in the new normal.

We enjoyed a hot tasty dinner at the Macaroni Grill then a quick stop at CVS. We have very little on the docket for tomorrow. One afternoon obligation and a hope for a trip to Chuck E. Cheese. I have been promising a trip since the week we moved in. It's time. I am hoping to get a quick trip in to the library and the post office. Oh what I have to look forward to.

The boys spent the day with some of our infamously amazing neighbors. They were tired and worn out by the time I picked them up and should sleep well tonight. They do seem to tense up when we arrive in the hood. Hopefully that is something we can work through. It will be a long summer otherwise.

OK, time to crash, actually should have about an hour ago. 'Night!

1 comment:

West Marshall said...

I hope you get a good night's rest. I am still praying for you, Nick, Will, and Fred. The pictures were terrible, and the red fire truck just intensified the horror of it all. I am glad that you found some more treasures today. T2ULR