So, my bad kinda sad day yesterday turned into terror at about 9:45 central time. I was out running errands ALONE and got caught in a nasty storm. I had just done some significant damage at Kohl's and was at Kroger trying to take advantage of sales and get a little more "me" time. The sky opened as I left the store and I decided to pause for about 10 minutes waiting for a break. I called Fred and told him I was trying to leave but the storm was nasty and I had a bunch of groceries to load up. Well, I drove about 20 MPH getting home because I was a bit nervous on unknown dark roads. About 1/2 way home Fred called screaming... "The house is on fire! Get home now!" It was the longest 5 miles of my life. I screamed and prayed and tried to drive safely and just get there. When I arrived I frantically looked for the kids and was taken in by some neighbors and they then found the boys and the dog at another neighbors house. Fred was working the phone and trying to save my van. Damn him, didn't he know I wanted a new one?
The night was long and emotional to say the least. We were able to get inside sometime around 2 and save what we could. The scrapbooks were totally dry, the scrap room, not so much. The playroom was toast to the nth degree. There is ceiling on my floor, there is water in places that it is not meant to be wet. But... we are safe. We have had amazing outreach and support from neighbors we have not even met. Housing and clothes are not big concern yet... Fred is being strong and methodical and inquisitive. We have never had to call in on a claim for our house. It is a learning experience.
I was in the house this morning with Nic and took some photos. I am using a neighbors Mac. so I have no idea how to upload. it is bad. It is scary. We are safe.
6 comments:
Wow! Hang in there!
Many Blessings,
Melissa
Jer 29:11-13
This sounds cliche and I have said it too many times lately, but I am sure that God never gives you more than you can handle. I think, however, you are right at that limit. I'll talk to Him about it.... You are in our thoughts and prayers and know that ANYTHING you need-you let us know. LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Strength, grace, and peace to you, Fred and the boys. You give so willingly of yourself to so many people. I'm praying that you're able to let others help you. Know that my phone is on and I'm always here if you need to talk.
Love,
Kirste
Thank YOU, Susan, for taking the time to let us know how you're doing! Your mom called to wish me Happy B'day and you can be sure that forever after, June 26 will include a very, very special bonus reason to celebrate the joys of knowing that, just as you said, "Stuff is stuff.." and I'm so smiling through the comments about Fred's curiosity,the "van rescue" mission and clean underwear. Thanks again for blogging.
Susan -
Many thoughts and prayers are coming your way. Thank God you are all unharmed.
May He keep you in His care as you begin the long haul of rebuilding.
Remember you are loved a lot, even from afar-
Keri
nice blog!!! check mines out at topspotgames.tk
Post a Comment