Tuesday, June 17, 2008

DO NOT CALL!


So I guess I forgot to get myself on "the list," the governments do not call list that is. I have received no less than 9 calls attempting to solicit services for the home security system on the house. I have also been the winner in two separate but VERY similar sounding sweepstakes and someone is trying to reach me about magazines. My phone has never rung so much in my life!


So I called a family meeting tonight of those present and we had a little pow wow about the benefits of caller ID. We have caller ID but we hardly ever use it. Now we will! Both boys know that if anyone calls that has alarm or secur in their name or if the are private or unknown we do not need to answer. People who love us will find us and call us. These freaks may just give up one of these days.


On to more exciting news.... It rained here today. HARD! It was noisy and cooling and I am not complaining. Late this afternoon the boys and I ventured out to our new church to register, to Target for returns, WalMart for a small purchase and a big purchase, we ordered Will's glasses, then to Game Stop then to Hobby Lobby. We all got a bit of what we wanted and walked away very happy. I offered McD's for dinner but the boys were looking forward to Walking Tacos so home we came. Yum!


After dinner I put away an office box, took more boxes to the garage, opened another picture box, and put away some candles. I also payed bills, balanced check books, and made a BIG pile for Fred to go through and another pile just to be filed when he gets home for the weekend. The good thing is that as I shift the paper I keep finding more flat surface in the kitchen. Of course I need to clean the flat surface and I am very nervous about these granite counter tops but I will figure it out. I must.


OK, time to kiss and tuck the boys. We have to be out of the house by 8:30 AM tomorrow to take the boxes that are filling the back of my van. We found a place in the next town who will buy them for CASH! I am hoping to make enough to pay for a trip to Chuck E. Cheese! Maybe even enough to buy ice cream at the end. We can hope!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I'm loving the updates.
Mom