So my final night in State Center was spent on the floor in our basement. Fred stayed up longer than me. What's new? And woke me a little before 2 AM to tell me that tornadoes had been sighted not far from us and did we want to go downstairs. Hell yeah! I grabbed shoes and important bags and took one trip down. then Fred and I roused the boys and threw their mattresses downstairs. We all settled in and then Fred checked the radar on his laptop one more time. the storm had passed. AMEN!We decided that we would just finish our night on the basement floor so we cuddled and slept as best we could. About 5 minutes later the hall light went out and it was REALLY dark in the back, unfinished room in the basement. Great for sleeping.
Fred had luckily set an alarm on his cell phone so we were able to get up and moving before the movers got here this AM. They have now removed every chair and couch and I am sitting on the edge of my bed that may go soon. We have no TV's, the modem from Partnercom gets picked up at 10AM and it is going to be a LONG day.
Please say a prayer for us that we travel safely and get a good nights sleep tonight. Fred did say that if we drove 2 hours tonight that we could sleep in tomorrow. I think he read my mind or maybe my blog?
Off to look busy...
2 comments:
FINALLY CHECKING IN! I'll try to call you on the road. Its going to be hard to say goodby to those beautiful fields of grain but now the thrill of the BIG CITY and all it has to offer. God Speed...safely. Love you lots...and more.
Mom
Sorry your last night at your Iowa house was so "exciting" Hoping you have a good time with the traveling.
Post a Comment