We headed north and dropped Pete at PetSmart for daycare. We then ran by the house so quickly that dad didn't even see it. Don't worry I drove past again. After that we went by our new church and then to ... IKEA! It was dad's first time and I so wish I had a camera. We ate meatballs and chocolate cake. Dad received a mug for free coffee for life from any Ikea store. Just remember the mug! After that we browsed, investigated and boug
ht! We filled our cart and have a few larger items to return for. All good. We spent about 2 hours there, much to the boys' chagrin. They survived... but just barely.
After that we went back to the hotel to chill, swim, launder and re-group. All of the afore were successful then we headed back up to the house for a final walk-through. The house looked GREAT! Clean and empty and ready for our stuff. I so wish we were getting our stuff tomorrow. Guess we'll just have to wait. I do get to sign my life away tomorrow at 8:30 AM and should have the keys in my hands by 11:30 or so. I will return to the hotel, grab the boys and dad and Pete and some of our STUFF and then we'll grab Subway and have a picnic lunch in the new house. Good plan huh?

After that we will come back, swim, maybe launder, and prep for moving out of the hotel on Thursday. I may run some more STUFF up to the house, just to make Thursday lighter. We have a lot of stuff. Pete is going to go back to day care for Thursday until we can turn on the AC and close the doors. It is too hot and too open for him to be there during the move-in. He did so well during the pack and load that I just do not want to push my luck. Although I know that daycare is stressful I do think it is best for all involved.
I am hoping that by Thursday night I will be ready to get a load from the grocery to go in my new fridge that will be delivered Thursday along with all of my other household goods. It will be an exciting day. It may even get to be more exciting if Fred is able to come home that day instead of Friday. We'll pick him up whenever he gets in. All good, all good.
OK, I am whipped. I have to be up at 7:00 to be out the door by 8:00. Haven't done that in a few weeks. Better set an alarm!
3 comments:
We take your dad to Starbucks, you take your dad IKEA. What is happening. How did he get the mug that he will never use again?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
(that was for the free coffee for life. what a deal for a guy who lives in a state WITHOUT Ikea....)
No, seriously, congrats to you. I know it will be fun to start putting things where they go (hopefully for more than a few years). Best wishes for the END of your journey and the BEGINNING of your new adventure that is FRISCO, TX!!!
have fun arranging your new house. I am sure that you will be more than thrilled to be settled in again. So I take it the pool was fixed. What was wrong? Chlorine to high?
Post a Comment