Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The final "transition" blog post!


So tomorrow morning I am reunited with my worldly belongings. I have not heard anything more specific than 8-10 AM but that is good enough for me. I will get up and out early then Dad, the boys and Pete will follow later. We took a load of stuff up this afternoon and put the garage door openers in the cars. We had a picnic lunch of Subway and Pete christened the yard. Later we returned to the hotel to do some more laundry, hey, it's FREE, and the boys went swimming one last time. We pulled ourselves together in time to enjoy the cookout/sundowner reception then treated ourselves to Baskin Robbins for dessert. YUM!


I must be honest and tell you that I have not taken a single photo in more than a week. That is not completely true because I did take a pic with my camera phone but it didn't turn out. This car had a weird dog magnet on the back and I tried to take a pic so that mom could identify the breed.


So an uneventful day leads to an uneventful night. The highlight was definitely the mint chocolate chip ice cream and the sad part will be unhooking myself from Internet access until the Cable Guy comes on Friday to the house. I'll make it, I'm sure I'll make it! Until then... Peace!
Oh yeah, before I forget... Stangest sound of the day... Dad taking a photo with a FILM camera and hearing the film advance then with the final shot of Pete, hearing it rewind. Strange yet familiar.
Best quote of the week... "Mom, does Wolfgang Puck work here making coffee?" Nic inquires after seeing a tent sign in our room about the exclusive Wolfganag Puck coffee available in our room.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

bring me the coffee! See you on the other side.
Mom

Andy Traub said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. all is well in Sioux Falls...no tornadoes. Just a long day and dreams of a stable future. Bought my ticket for the wedding. U and the boys planning on coming? Forgot dad was coming out. is he helping or just free-loading.

Andy Traub said...

Oh yeah, I set up a new blog for my up and coming business... www.traubcoaching.blogspot.com Let me know what you think. It's obviously a work in progress. I still have to explain exactly what Traub Financial Coaching IS but I'll get around to it soon.