Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oh what a night... Sorry about the photo placement, blogger is being difficult, or maybe it's just me?



So we didn't make it to the CTK festival but we had a great Saturday night none the less. We were invited to our neighbor's for a little party on the driveway. Well the invite said there would be a BIG surprise and it was BIG! They had a jumbo blow-up screen in their front yard and were projecting the Wii onto it for kids young and old to play. It was great once it got dark enough. They also pulled out their ping pong table too. We got to meet some neighbors, all of whom seem really nice. We heard some stories about the hood, some good, some... not so much. Lots of bragging about the school and the amazing sports program and what a great place Frisco is to raise a family. We feel very content. Fred is so content he is still over there! Fred, stayed at a party longer than me! Go figure. He is in his element with the neighbors. Talking a little business, threatening to get involved in a "friendly" poker game, one of the neighbors even offered to take us out for a steak dinner! My kinda neighbor!

Well, last night ended way to early for me. I retreated to my bed at 9:00 with my first Texas Migraine. It was a doozy! I brought it on myself because I got really stressed about a HUGE mistake I made yesterday.

When I got the mail just before 5 I was tearing into it and found a bill for our State Farm auto insurance. I thought to myself... I should call and cancel that so I don't have to pay this bill. I caught our agent's assistant in the office at 4:58 and told her to cancel the policy effective today. OOPS! Fred knew that our policy expired on the 23rd of the month so instead of being owed a refund he thought to just let the policy run out and start the new policy on the 23rd. Yep, when I checked the policy info that I received last week our policy date was effective June23. Well, that means that I just put myself, my husband and our leased vehicles in MAJOR jeopardy because I cancelled the insurance a couple days too soon.

YIKES! I tried to call State Farm, they of course were gone but I was forwarded to the 24 hour service center. I was too impatient so I decided to see if Liberty Mutual could change our start date from Mon. to Fri.? Worth a try right? Well, they couldn't do it. They would have to cancel the new policy and write an even newer one and it took and agent and they were just the help desk. Not authorized to write a new policy on Friday at 5:30. Back on the phone to State Farm. "Lucy" was not so helpful and pretty much said I was screwed. Well, with my hubby breathing down my neck and throwing cable ties I told Lucy that I could not accept that and needed to talk to someone who might have a better idea. She patched me through to Liz who had a great idea. Let's call the agent at home and see if she can help. Well, I had already looked up the agent's home number in the M-town phone book and was almost ready to do the same thing. 5 minutes later Phyllis, my agent, called and said we were good to go and I could tell Fred I was allowed to drive anywhere I wanted. THANK YOU GOD! AND PHYLLIS! I am so sending her a thank you note on Monday! Fred chalks in up to small town Iowa and for that I am grateful.

Well, I don't think I ever settled down from that so it was a rough night and the migraine won this round. I recall waking around 10:30 with an acheness to my body but not my head. I think I get so stressed at times that I get tense and it is hard to release that so it sticks with me even after the headache has passed. I so hope that my kids don't suffer with migraines. They suck!

Ok, we had a good day today. While I collapsed last night Fred built my Ikea Expedite shelving unit for me. It is a white 5X5 cube grid thing that holds TONS of children's books and scrap crap. It looks really great in my space and I only wish it had a little more breathing room. It looks too stuffed. I need to purge some books and magazines then I will be set.

Tomorrow we are on a quest for office furniture for Fred. He has done an AMAZING job of clearing out boxes from his office. The room was packed to the gills two days ago. I think he is anxious to have a workspace to call his own and I can not blame him. He has done without since we left Michigan and this office is so great and it even has doors. He always wanted doors.

Fred is still down the street and the boys are hopefully asleep, guess Pete and I will turn in. Before we find the perfect office suite I need to get to church, we need to drop a broken CPU off at Best Buy and we have to find a Game Stop so that the boys can download a free Pokemon dealio tomorrow. I had better get some rest!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I dont think you missed anything at the CTK festivle... i was there and didnt miss anything in tiger town!

Good luck on your marathon tomarow!

What email would you like me to send my autobiography to?