Sunday, June 8, 2008

Touchdown!



We made it! The Eagle has landed! We're HERE!

Can you tell how excited I am? We have settled into our home away from home and were able to sleep in a little late today. Pete needed some attention around 8:30 but that was easy enough to handle. Last night I tackled 4 loads of laundry in the FREE laundry facilities here at Staybridge Suites! We ordered Papa John's pizza for dinner and had it DELIVERED! Fred went up to our short term storage unit to drop some stuff that we had brought with us in our cars. We hooked up our home PC here so I don't go through withdrawal before Thursday. Life is good!

Not sure what today holds. I have recovered from my angst over driving and am looking forward to getting out and about a bit today. I want to try out my Garmin and see if "Jack" can help me get from point A to point B easily. He worked on the way down from IA but I am anxious to try him in the much more dense "Big City."

I am encouraging Fred to take the boys off my hands for a bit today, since I will be primary care-giver for the week, and even offered up daddy friendly suggestions of things to do. We'll see how that all goes down. I am keeping my fingers crossed. If I can separate from the group Jack, Pete and I can explore and I can work on my "Move Notification List." It is a rather lengthy list of people who need to be notified of our new address. I did not want to contact them too soon because I didn't want my mail showing up at the new house before I even own it. I think that if I fill in all of the phone numbers today I can make a serious dent in the call list tomorrow. Here's to hoping!

1 comment:

Jen said...

YEAH!!! We'll be there tomorrow to visit. Kidding, but I wish it were true... We'll just hop into dad's suitcases and no one will know the difference.

Glad your trip was somewhat uneventful. I hope you have a great week and enjoy your new surroundings. Take care and call when you can.