I must preface this by saying that I am working on a Mac and can not figure out how to right click. Be patient. I can not flippin figure out how to add a photo or link. UGH!
So when my mother was young her family went through a HORRIFIC tragedy when their house in Lawrenceburg, IN caught on fire, was destroyed, and lives were never the same. This large family was displaced during a tough time but was lucky enough to be friends with the owner of Veraestau. I may not have the details correct but Veraestau was a mansion on a hill, a bluff perhaps, above the Ohio River. It had a LONG entry drive, white rail fence, and Indian burial mound and a lookout/gentleman's room where "business" of the day took place by only those slim enough to fit up the narrow stairway, ie no gals in large skirts. Well, while the house on Ridge Ave. was being rebuilt Veraestau was home and in the future became the site of many family gatherings. Heck it may have only been one year but my memory tells me it was more than one? Feel free to correct me. I can picture in my head two photos from said events... Grandaddy sitting on a chair on the bluff, king of the domain. and a juxtaposition, my younger brother Ben at about 4 running around helping people out by finishing their beers. There is a great picture of him "napping" near a Budweiser. Makes me smile to think about Ben!
I need a Veraestau. I need a house on the hill to hide out in while my world is put back together. The most promising house in the neighborhood requires a 2 year lease, nope, not for me. There are other possibilities. Something will work for us. I have hope.
I have clean underwear and new PJ's and I think I need a shower and a rest. We are moving to a hotel tomorrow for some privacy and down-time. Our surrounding and support have been amazing. Through all of this MY CUP OVERFLOWETH. Amen!
2 comments:
we send our love from Logan for you guys! Give Nicholas and Will a hug for me. i miss all of you guys so much!
<3 -megan sue
If you are on a newer mac (ie, in the last year) you can use 2 fingers at once on the touch pad and it will be the eq. of a right click. :-) Or you can hold in the CTRL key on the keyboard and click - also a right click. :-) Sorry to read about your house (read about it on CKMB) - hope things come together quickly for you!!
-Gretchen-
Post a Comment